Fuesers Textil wire
Stainless steel wire
Fuesers stainless steel wire was especially designed to meet the requirements of the textile industry. They create a noble metallic shine to ply yarn, woven and knitted fabrics.
The fashion industry uses metal wire to create a unique crash-optic and characteristic touch.
It is mainly used in ladies apparel and decoration.The product is appreciated by designers for the individual arrangements they can use it for.
It is also used for a manifold of technical uses in functional textiles because of its conductibility.
No negative or harmful effects are known to occur from stainless steel
Stainless steel is a valuable material which can be recycled and reused to produce new quality products
- stainless according to DIN 17440
- resistant to base also under high temperatures
- acids can affect the wire (i.e. when used in wool dyeing)
- resistant to hydrogen peroxide
- resistant to dry cleaning
- the wire can be fixed mechanically (i.e. through ironing)
- it does not spring
- the wire is conductive and has resistance of 0,75 Ohm*mm2/m
The material does not require any specific technical precautions in respect to storage. Under normal storage conditions the product is stable and non reactive.
Different test have proven that stainless steel wire does not trigger skin irritation of rashes.
Drawn with round cross section. Depending on the application and the objective, copper wire is used in the textile industry in the coated or uncoated condition. Fuesers offers both types of copper wire.
- Copper wire has a special ductility and excellent electrical conductivity (58.5-59 µS) as well as high thermal stability.
- It is characterised by its high mechanical quality in terms of fatigue stress for completely reversed bending stress, which is only outperformed by the stainless steel wire which we offer.
- Coated copper wire does not oxidize and is insensitive to humidity, alkaline solutions, acids, perspiration, etc.. Therefore, it is suitable for clothing and other textile applications.
- Bare uncoated copper wire shows, due to corrosion, a greenish discoloration (verdigris) which may be desirable in certain cases as a decorative element. It is available in soft or hard version.
- We offer coated copper wire only in the soft version.